about this event
*Dementia Friendly Screening*
Doris Day stars in this lighthearted musical about the famous female sharpshooter, who would rather hit targets than chase men - until she falls for 'Wild Bill' Hickok (Howard Keel), who would rather shoot Indians than chase after a tomboy like Calamity Jane. Featuring the Oscar-winning song 'Secret Love'.
This screening is kindly sponsored by the Cranleigh and District Lions Club. www.cranleighlions.org
Please note that this screening is designed to be 'dementa friendly' and will operate a little differently from our regular film screenings. the aim is to offer a relaxed and enjoyable environment to those with dementia or any form of memory loss.
In this screening:
- Carers can attend for free. Please ask at the box office to book or call on 01483 278000.
- Seating will be at tables on the flat rather than on the raked seating.
- Auditorium lights will remain on at 50% brightness throughout the film.
- The sound will be quieter.
- There will be a relaxed attitude to noise.
- There will be an interval with refreshments during the film.
- Audience members will be free to move around if they want to.
- There is wheelchair access throughout Cranleigh Arts and there is an accessible toilet available.
This screening is dementia-friendly but will also appeal to everyone who enjoys cinema.